Oh the weather outside is...awkward
Posted by Kelsea , Sunday, July 19, 2009 9:36 PM
The weather this summer has been so silly. Also awkward. It rained all of June and July has been hot with intermittent storms. I miss the days when it was either hot or hot. Right now I am just trying to come to grips with the fact that August is less than two weeks away!
We went up to Moses Lake Washington from Saturday til Thursday this past week to visit Grandma and Grandpa Harrod. We took the road trip up with Drew and Kylie. I hadn't really been able to really hang out with Kylie yet because of our busy lives and the whirlwinds of the holidays at which we would normally see each other. I just love her to death and I am so glad she is in our family!
My parents also flew into Spokane and drove to Moses Lake to spend some good quality Washington state time with us. They have never been. My dad went fishing with Brandon and his grandpa for walleye and my dad caught the only fish big enough to keep. My mom hung out with me and Ty mostly. Ty was pretty good on the trip but started to have royal meltdowns. Like he figured out how to do them at someone else's house. It was kind of embarrassing but all the cute things he did outweighed the annoying ones :) I taught him Itsy Bitsy Spider and he is catching on. He is so goofy and smart. Anyway..back to Washington. We went to a fun water park, went to see the new Harry Potter movie, got Shave Ice, went to Walmart a dozen times for different things and Ky and I got pedicures. There was canoeing, porch sitting, game playing, good food and over all just a good time. 
While in Moses Lake, Brandon touched base with a hiring manager at a company called REC Silicon whom grandpa harrod knows. Brandon is considering working there since there is another rumor of ATK layoffs in September. Also the job is more chemical engineering driven and they are looking for new engineers since another plant is being built. Time frame:within 6 months. Does this mean we could be moving in 6 months? Yeah. I know the opportunity is good whether Brandon gets laid off or not but it is, after all, CHANGE. I have been trying to find my place here and am making peace but starting fresh again is always a daunting thought. I am one of those people who doesn't like committing to something for very long, or at least I used to be. Anyway more details to follow if and when I get them.
I got bangs. I'm still getting used to them. Haha.


Well I better go to sleep now. Maybe something cool will happen this week and I'll blog about it. Like if I survived my 5K on the 25th or not!!! ;)
Until next time....

sounds like life is going well for you guys! That is awesome! Ty is such a doll! You should come over when you are in vegas and meet my little Hannah (I am being induced July 31st if she doesn't come sooner...I'm trying to make sure she doesn't because I only have two weeks of school left and it would be great if she could just stay put!) and see our new house! Rosalie is coming to stay with me again in August so we might even have a mini reunion!