Big changes...
Posted by Kelsea , Friday, February 12, 2010 10:52 AM

...Again! We bought a house folks! Were we looking? Kind of. Were we expecting to find something so soon that fit our current situation?? NO! The home is in a really nice neighborhood on the peninsula here in Moses. The seller was in a hurry to leave so they priced it as low as possible without it qualifying for a short sale. We were able to qualify for a USDA loan. There is a salary limit in this county and Brandon made $50 under the limit so we barely made it! Also we got locked in at a 5% rate. The rules are changing in April as far as FHA loans on top of the rates going up go so we're glad we got in when we did. We are currently renting from a senior couple on their mission in Arizona so we're taking steps to find people to take over our rent. We close on March 23 and so we'll probably gradually move everything over. A lot of our stuff is still in boxes which is a happy plus. Here are things I will look forward to:
-new black appliances
-we get to get a new washer and dryer
-garbage disposal
-storage space
-3 car garage
-fenced backyard
-fiber optic internet
-really close to the lake
-room to grow
-family neighborhood
-new elementary school
-upstairs laundry
-opportunity to paint and design
-places Brandon can put his airplane stuff rather than on the guest room bed (haha)
-plenty of room for guests!!
I feel like we have been really really blessed. Brandon also just received a raise after a salary re-evaluation at REC. I feel like we're where we are supposed to be.
Now I would like to talk about the plays. I am LOVING EVERY MINUTE. I have met so many great people. It has made my transition so easy and enjoyable. Next week we are running Guys and Dolls every night with our first performance on Saturday!!! Whenever I am not at Guys and Dolls I am at Hello Dolly. I got all my costumes and it was a blast. The Richland Light Opera is lending them to us and they are amazing right down to the gloves! I am so lucky to get to work with such talented people. Katie is coming up for the Feb 20th performance, my parents along with uncle mike and aunt terri (also our fearless realtor) on the 25th, and Kylie/Drew, Lori, and Kylee on the 26th and 27th. I was excited that they wanted to see it twice! Hopefully we do a killer job! :) I am so grateful my family is coming up and supporting me. How I love them. Brandon will go Fri and Sat too :) He has been so helpful and supportive and I love him for it.
Kylee is coming up for the summer to work with me at the Colockum Ridge golf course in Quincy. We're gonna help out at the restaurant and pro shop after it gets a face lift and new management. Should be really fun! We're also going to be in a melodrama and possibly in a singing group for a summer showcase in Moses Lake. I am looking forward to warm weather now. But NO COMPLAINTS as we have had no snow! Such a nice change :)
Brandon is liking his job and all is going well. We will be sad to leave our 5th ward but it will be ok. We're going to the Muse concert in April with my mom, Hayli, Brandon and our babysitter (practically my little sister now) Jayne. Can not wait!!
I am getting excited to move and to perform. It has been a great start to 2010. Still trying to lose weight. So far I've only lost 6 lbs since new years.
Whitney is getting married!! June 12! So excited and we all love her man...his name is Brandon too...go fig! We're gonna take a 2 day driving trip down and take the long way (via the coast) back home. Brandon is being wonderful and willing to fly down for her special day.
Ty will be 2 next month! Time certainly flies unrelentingly! He is so so smart. He says see ya, mama, daddy, bye, apple, boppo (food), uck (truck/car), eck (milk), ut (blanky) and he understands practically everything we say! I can't keep up with all the things he is learning.
I can't believe February is in full swing. This year may very well pass by in a blink. Well, I'm ready for it! Bring it on!
Until next time....

your house looks so cute. I can't wait to see what you do to the inside. I miss you kels, I really do.