Summer is Simmering!
Posted by Kelsea , Monday, June 29, 2009 1:26 PM
I was thinking of something along the lines of "Spring has Sprung" and that's what I came up with for a title.
We have gotten massive amounts of rain which has been good but now its just hot. My birthday is Wednesday! Yay! Kylee was here all last week visiting after running a relay race with her boyfriend Bo and his crazy running family. She did awesome. We got pedicures, went to two movies, MADE movies (details TBA), played with crazy boy Ty and went to a neighborhood water party. I was sad to see her go. I got her hooked on Farm Town. Best game ever on Facebook! Basically you take care of your own farm that you build. It's fun. Ty likes the noises the animals make. Ty is SO funny lately. He does this funny pose with his hands up in the air and now if you imitate him, he'll keep doing it over and over cause he sees you laugh your head off. Haha. He will be 15 months on Wednesday. He is very active, learning to run and gets into everything that isn't locked or tied down. We've started really baby proofing and need to buy like three more of those wooden baby gates. I wish they weren't $30 a piece!
Michael Jackson died. This makes me sad! I've been listening to him in my car.
Layoff rumors are looming again. Brandon said he should find out this week or next when they will happen and if his job is in fact at stake. If it is, we may put the house up for sale just in case. I am worried slightly but he is such an asset at work that things should be fine.
Some of the ILP kids came to America and are staying for a month to travel. Three of Katie's kids are here including her favorite, Sveta. I was hoping some of my kids could come but maybe next year since they're still young. We're planning on doing activities with them and visiting Gulya, our native coordinator lady who came with them. Yay!
I'm looking forward to July 4! I'm running a 5k, going to a parade, having a picnic and watching fireworks. I think we'll actually set off fireworks on July 24. Favorite!!
When my mom was here she bought me a new mattress for my birthday. I am in love! It was fun having her here. Not much else to report but just going along. My weight loss has stopped, mostly because I have been lax with eating habits and not exercising. Sad! I'll do better this week.
Until next time...
