Carlsbad and such
Posted by Kelsea , Tuesday, September 22, 2009 9:28 PM
Best ever. It was so great. I will try and recall the events as they happened.Friday September 11- Posted my 9/11 video I made in 2004 then left for Cedar City when Brandon got home early from work. We stopped at Mikala's rodeo and stayed at Brandon's dad's house for the night.
Saturday September 12-Drove to Las Vegas, went to my cousin Amy's baby shower for baby Jane. The topic of conversation at the shower was Carlsbad mostly. Haha! Went over to Lori's and watched Sunshine Cleaning
Sunday September 13-Went to Lori's ward, went to Olive Garden with the fam, slept
Monday September 14- Went shopping, got my hair done (dyed brown and trimmed...love it), hung out/shopped with Drew and Kylie, re-packed for Carlsbad
Tuesday September 15- Left at 9am to drive down to Carlsbad, stopped in Barstow for the traditional lunch at Del Taco, arrived about 3:30pm, checked into our hotel, went grocery shopping and hung out, watched the sunset, realized the ocean water was inexplicably and wonderfully warm! :)
Wednesday September 16-Sunny at 9am! We all went to Super Donut in the morning and then headed down to the beach. We spent all day there and Brandon and Drew built a sandcastle that resembled Notre Dame. Water was SO WARM, waves were fantastic. Kylie made us sandwiches and I also ate one of my mom's. She was not feeling well the whole time. My dad brought a huge intertube to try out on the waves. It's for attaching to a boat to ride. It was phenomenal on the waves. SO very fun. There was a lot of family this year also. Very cool. Ate at Las Olas for late lunch and Pizza Port for dinner. Coldstone for dessert! :) After that I went to the airport to pick up Katie. She came in at about 9pm. When we got home we fell asleep right away. Exhausting but GREAT day.
Thursday September 17- Overcast but still nice. Played in the water all day. Back and forth to the pool/ocean. Went to a couple surf shops and Brandon went up with Ty everyday to take a nap around 1 or 2pm which was very nice. Katie and I played on the intertube and on the shore. It took her a while to build up the courage to go in the waves but she warmed up to them :) I had a completely religious experience when I body surfed successfully for the first time. I felt like I was part of the ocean, part of nature and could feel the power behind the waves. It was really amazing. I did it a couple times. Boogie boarding was also amazing. I think if I lived in California I could totally be a surfer. Thursday night we went to the Harbor Fish Cafe for fish and chips night. It was here we got a call from Scott, our realtor, that we has an offer on our house!!! Shocked. He offered 153 and we countered the next morning at 159. After yummy fish we walked to Linda's ad the California Wear shop. I bought a coconut shell purse, a t-shirt, 2 postcards, sunglasses for Mikala, and a sticker for the Versa. Fun! Ty had come down with a cold so we were battling that. Then, time for bed.
Friday September 18- Sunny but overcast later in the day. Went to Super Donut again as well as walking all around town but everything was closed. The girls (me, Kylie, Katie and Kylee) decided to get pedicures. They were great! It was then I found out our counter offer had been accepted. WE SOLD OUR HOUSE!!!! Two weeks on the market! Totally amazing. I cried. As I drank my green iced tea and got a pedicure I tried to let it all sink in. We had blessings hitting us from all sides! This was definitely meant to be. Spent most of the time on the beach. Went to SeƱor Grubby's for dinner and had the best carne asada torta ever! We went to Linda's then we watched the last half of the new Glee episode. After a quick hot tub trip, Drew and Ky went to the beach while the rest of us went to bed.
Saturday September 19- Sunny!! All day! Heaven! This was the best day except that Drew and Kylie left around 10am to go to Vegas. Before they left we went to a cafe (across the street from Super Donut) and had really good breakfast. We walked a little on Carlsbad Village Drive then hit the beach. The waves and water were SO great. Katie and I had a blast and played like little kids. Unfortunately, Brandon's back had been hurting really badly from the sunburn he got on Wednesday and felt that his boogie boarding was done. Even though it was nice of him to watch Ty Ty, I know he wasn't feeling great. I was able to get a ton of footage for the music video. I am putting it to "Live Your Life" by T.I. feat. Rihanna. It will be so great, I made sure to get everyone in it. We played all day, had bagel sandwiches and garlic knots from Knockout Pizza for lunch, and played in the sand with my sisters and cousins. The whole day was so liberating. I knew it was the last day but I DID NOT want to leave. That night we went to Garcia's and happened to see my family there. My dad covered our check (nice nice guy). He also made Carlsbad shirts for everyone as this was year 20. So great. It truly is a getaway and I love it there so much. Sleep came easily that night.
Sunday September 20- I left to take Katie to the airport at 730am. Carlsbad was our last trip together before we move. The night before I was quite sad mulling it all over in my head. She earned the title "Katie Nana" cause she was so helpful with Ty Ty. On the way back to the hotel I stopped to take pictures of the San Diego Temple. SO beautiful. I felt really peaceful. When we said our goodbyes we stopped at Super Donut again and made the long journey home. We stopped in Vegas just in time to go to dinner with Lori, Drew and Kylie. Afterwards we drove home and arrived in Tremonton at about 1am. Ty slept a lot of the way. I laid in bed that night and decided to feel so thankful before the stress of the move set in.
I truly am blessed for all the wonderful things in my life. I know that moving to Washington is going to be a big step. A leap. But it's a chance I am willing to take because I know that any experience with my Brandon and Ty is a great experience. I feel so lucky to have them. Somebody up there loves me :)
Carlsbad 2010 is only 360 days away! ;)
Until next time....
