Happy Things
Posted by Kelsea , Wednesday, October 13, 2010 4:40 PM
I haven't blogged in a while. Sometimes I feel like Facebook takes the place of spilling my guts. But not today!
Since I last blogged I made a little discovery. Very little. I have a baby growing in my belly. I will be a mommy again on or around May 5. This time around is a whole new ballgame: sick ALL the time. I feel like it's a girl. Ty is going to be a great big brother. He is so smart and is definitely his own little person. He knows that the baby is in my belly (at least he points and says it) but I think he senses something is going to change. Especially when mommy is puking in the kitchen sink during breakfast...ha!
Carlsbad was different this year. I was feeling woozy the whole time and the water was COOOLD. I also had a realization that all of us are growing up! Having said that, we're staying in Moses Lake for Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. One reason is to save money but another bigger reason is to grow up. I don't feel ready to have my own Christmas without waking up in the same room as my sisters. BUT I do get an exciting feeling being in my parents' shoes and getting to be Santa. Ty is old enough to get the concept of the whole thing and I am excited to be the closest thing to magic we have.
Whit, Jeri and Bree are all married! Baby Luke is getting so big and Ky and Drew are adjusting to Vegas and the new job. Kylee is working and combating classes at SUU and Hayli is a gorgeous and talented high school senior.
Brandon's grandparents return from their mission in April and the babe is coming in May so it will be time to buy a second (bigger) car. I love the Nissan Cube but Brandon says NO WAY. We shall see ;)
My dad retired at the beginning of October. I am excited to see that new chapter of my parents' life.
Once my sickness is over, hopefully I'll feel compelled to blog more often. Like updates on house projects (the latest: garage door opener, HALELUJAH) and graphs about how much I love my husband.
The fall makes me feel happy. Everything about it indicates it's time to start focusing on the things that matter most. Who knew weather could do that? Who knew I would get so many extra blessings this year and that there are more lined up for next year?
Who knew.
Until next time...

I am so excited for you and your new little addition, but I am sorry that you have been so sick, that is the worst, I hope you are feeling better soon.
I can relate with you on the Christmas thing. I thought I was going to be really sad the first Christmas we spent with out family, and I do hate missing out on all of the fun family Christmas activities, but I found that I really love spending Christmas with just my little family.It is fun starting new traditions with the kids and watching their excitement about everything.