Our Vacation
Posted by Kelsea , Sunday, April 26, 2009 5:05 PM
IT WENT GREAT! Saturday we drove to St. George (stopped the night before in Cedar to sleep at Drew and Ky's) and dropped off Ty with grandma Lori and grandpa Ron. We continued on to Flagstaff and made great time getting there. Sunday we spent the day at the Grand Canyon and watched the sunset on Sunday night. We hiked in a little ways and the weather was perfect. No crowds. On the road the next day we bought some Native American trinkets (bracelet, pots) at a roadside stand and headed for Colorado. We stopped at the 4 corners monument. I was in Utah, Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico all at once! We stopped in Cortez, CO and visited Mesa Verde National Park. There are indian ruins built into the mountains. It is amazing. I can't wait til Brandon uploads the pictures. It was definitely a highlight. Wednesday morning we left Cortez early and drove to Arches National Park/Moab. We wanted to get a camp site in the Devils Garden campground and we got the LAST ONE! Yay! We set up camp and went into Moab to buy supplies. We hiked to the Double O/Landscape Arches which was a totally fun 4 mile hike and it was so beautiful. Again, the weather was splendid. I saw SO many lizards! :) Thursday we woke up early, ate breakfast and went to hike to Delicate Arch. It was also a fun hike, even though it was quite sunny and warm but it was so worth it. Beautiful! The rest of Thursday we bummed around, ate dinner at a cafe in town, and climbed a big rock to watch the sunset. That night was way way windy so we didn't sleep as well as the night before but it was ok. We headed back to Cedar City and stopped in Richfield to visit a friend. We decided to stay at my parents cabin for the night since they would be there and I was going home with them anyway. Brandon left Saturday morning back to Tremonton and I came home with my parents and Kylee. Lori and Ron brought Ty over to my parents.' OH I MISSED HIM SO MUCH! I was so happy to see him. He is so silly. He is walking more and eats like no one I've ever seen. Haha. It was a good vacation for everyone and I am so glad I got to go and make memories with Brandon. When Ty gets older we can all go! It's been good so far in Vegas. I am PLEASED with the weather. But of course I miss Brandon :) I'll be here til May 4.
Until next time...

It sounds like your vacation was great!! I look forward to the day when we are able to ship the kids off to the grandparents and then take a vacation, heck I would settle for just shipping the kids off to the grandparents ;).